ARC – Architectural Control Committee
The Architectural Control Committee (ARC) is set up and appointed by the HOA Board to oversee and approve the applications from residents who care to make changes to their homes.
If you would like to volunteer for the Architectural Control Committee, please send us an email.
Updating your home?
Making changes to your home is a great way to keep up with maintenance as well as personalize the curb appeal to your home. To ensure that you are compliant with our covenants and by-laws you must complete the following process. Failure to follow this process may result in negative action against you to restore your lot to the previous condition all at the homeowner’s expense. So plan wisely and leave yourself plenty of time to get your project approved.
To submit your application for modification of your home:
- Download the appropriate Modification Request Form and fill out the scope of the work
- Attach an additional letter if needed, the more information about the project, the quicker we can respond.
- Include a copy of your plat (if applicable for any structure, additions, hardscapes or fences) with word to be done overlaid upon it.
- Include the contractor’s estimate and any drawings
- Pictures if available (swing sets etc)
- Physical paint Swatches and Paint colors as well as the manufacturer
Once your application has been received you will receive a response within 30 days (of that receipt) informing you of the status of your application.
Request forms and documents
- BHOA General Modification Form (pdf)
- BHOA House Painting Form (pdf)
- BHOA Landscape Modification Form (pdf)
- BHOA Fence Modification Form (pdf)
- Approved Fence Styles (pdf)
- Wrought-iron mailbox order form (pdf)
What work must be approved by the ACC
- House painting
- If you are repainting your home using the existing color scheme, please present a request form so we may track work (thought we’ll likely auto-approve it)
- See Painting section below for more information
- Fences (adding, modifying or removing)
- Adding, removing or modifying: patios, installed firepits, walkways, large bushes, playsets, pools, and major flowerbed changes, etc.
- Home modifications
- Adding, removing or modifying: Windows, doors, additions, decks, external stairs and railings, etc.
- Front yard tree removal
- See Tree Removal section below for more information
- Back yard trees
- Large and multiple tree removals
- You may not remove trees or modify the landscape in any Army Corps of Engineers property adjacent to yours.
Some trees require approval from the city before the Architectural committee can approve.
- Woodstock Tree Preservation and Removal information page (with forms)
- BHOA ARC Landscape Modification
A three-color paint scheme is preferred (the trim and garage door being the same color, shutters and front door being the same color), but the ACC will consider two-color schemes. Earth tone paint schemes and current trends may vary, so consult some local neighborhoods for ideas. The ARC may request additional information as necessary. Not all paint schemes will be acceptable.
Exterior brick on homes may now be painted pursuant to the following terms and conditions:
Brookshire has pre-approved these vendors for brick painting (more to be added in the future).
- Atlanta Painting Company
Taylor Kelly 678-677-5614 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kisz Construction
Jason Kisz 678-616-5221 or email@example.com
If you opt to use another vendor, they must have expertise in brick painting. All contractors must be approved by the Architectural committee.
PRE-APPROVED PRODUCT AND COLORS
Brookshire has pre-approved these products for brick painting (more to be added in the future).
- Romabio (https://romabio.com/)
- Romabio limewash colors (Classico Limewash) – https://romabio.com/classicolimewash/)
- Romabio solid colors (Note: colors may only vary within whites, creams, beige, and grays.)
If regular exterior paint is used, it may create a layer over the brick and will eventually peel or crack. When using a product such as Romabio, the paint seeps into the brick and becomes part of the brick where it naturally ages and continues to look nice. This product comes with a 20 year manufacturer warranty. Other comparable products are on the market, and we will update approvals periodically.
If you opt to use another product, it must be formulated specifically for use with brick. All other product, washes and colors must be approved by the Architectural committee.
Send Requests and documents to:
Preferred and fastest:
2555 Westside Pkwy, Suite 600
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Upload requests at https://homeside.cincwebaxis.com/cinc/work-orders/ (physical paint swatches will need to be mailed separately and you may need to register first)
Drop requests in mailbox by door at Front Clubhouse (checked about once a week).